MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Fri 25 Jul, 2014 1:24 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Spaz Wiki
PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug, 2011 5:20 pm 
Turtle head

BTW, before uploading images, you may want to check this list of files to see if what you want is already there.

(In general, there are quite a few useful lists you can access under "Special pages" on the left.)

PostPosted: Tue 23 Aug, 2011 8:26 pm 
Shortbus

The wiki is starting to take shape, and the crash course in editing I gave myself seems to have worked out, keep up the great work everyone.

PostPosted: Thu 25 Aug, 2011 1:25 pm 
Dart

Been adding some stuff there, hopefully it helps you guys out, might need a visual makeover later on though.

PostPosted: Thu 25 Aug, 2011 7:55 pm 
Shortbus

about that, if we can get this:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:CategoryTree
extension installed, my precious categorys will look alot nicer.

P.S. I have no idea how to install it...

PostPosted: Thu 25 Aug, 2011 9:34 pm 
Clockwork Personnel

I will review it ze_doom and consider adding it to the wiki.

PostPosted: Fri 26 Aug, 2011 11:44 pm 
Dart

I was attempting to upload a series of pictures like this:
Sample Picture | Click to toggle: +
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad96/ZzapperAvatar/StableCloakDescription.png

But I don't have upload privileges. I'm planning to clean up the corners (just clear them out).
So, any advice?

PostPosted: Tue 27 Sep, 2011 11:35 pm 
Turtle head

Could use an admin's help over on the Wiki, the TTakahashi61 user not only dumped a few spam pages on the wiki, but has since returned to restore them... definitely needs to be banned.

PostPosted: Fri 30 Sep, 2011 11:48 pm 
Dart

Hah, I've made a few small edits to the wiki in the past week (and a larger edit to the Carrier page- Gave it a decent description similar to the one on the Star Cruiser page) before I even realized there was a SPAZ forum. On second thought it probably should have gone without saying. Oops.

PostPosted: Sat 01 Oct, 2011 9:38 pm 
Turtle head

I suggest adding an in-page spoiler-hiding extension like this one.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2011 2:11 am 
Hound

Ive updated a few things with a few tidbits of data, especially for those pages with nothing on them!

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2011 6:46 am 
Dart

Made a handful of edits, mostly rewording my older edits to be more concise & accurate. Attempted to add the spoiler hiding extension, realized I pretty much had no clue where to start. I really need to teach myself more about mediawiki editing, for at the moment I have a bare minimum of knowledge (as in, I know how to edit, how to link between pages and that's just about it).

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2011 8:24 am 
Turtle head

That spoiler extension needs someone who actually has access to the wiki site and can thus edit (or in this case add to) the PHP framework behind the wiki. So not us normal users. :) That's because the linked extension uses javascript. As far as I know, javascript is going to be a requirement for that kind of hide-then-pop-out functionality. Though if there is some way to do it with just CSS, that would be awesome, and I think it could then be implemented with just a template.

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2011 8:58 am 
Turtle head

I feel a bit silly now... collapsible tables sitting right on the front page and I'm here posting about how we don't have the necessary javascript queries. :)

Experimenting now, but I'm pretty sure the "collapsible collapsed" class will do the trick for a hidden-by-default spoiler tag.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct, 2011 7:08 am 
Clockwork Personnel

Kloreep wrote:
I feel a bit silly now... collapsible tables sitting right on the front page and I'm here posting about how we don't have the necessary javascript queries. :)

Experimenting now, but I'm pretty sure the "collapsible collapsed" class will do the trick for a hidden-by-default spoiler tag.

Ya, it's basically the same thing as a spolier tag. Not a far cry from what I put on the forums for bbcode.

I'll get you added to the upload access group.

PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct, 2011 3:59 pm 
Turtle head

Yep, and it did indeed come in handy creating a Spoiler template. :)

Thanks for the upload permission.

PostPosted: Fri 07 Oct, 2011 2:31 am 
Clockwork Personnel

A note to those on the anti-spam brigade. Your anti-bot powers also allow updating the main page. Be sure to keep the user copy and main page in sync so updates are not lost in the process. Obv, work on the user copy before making perm changes to the main page ^.^

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 6:12 am 
Clockwork Personnel

I'm disabling new user registration currently. The amount of vandalism is just excessive and I'll enable it when I have time to actually get the modifications needed in place.

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 8:18 am 
Hound

Could you define vandalism when it deals with wiki?

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 2:30 pm 
Turtle head

Spam bots. They post random semi-coherent tracts, with a few links thrown in - probably trying to redirect people to attack pages. E.g.:

Quote:
For some of us that played coin - handled games there are actually ways to play again the identical games and simultaneously to discover latest equivalent kind of games on the internet. The main difference is that today you don’t want a coin or any kind of paying to accomplish to play them. You can discover many arcade games that are at your disposal on the internet. Truck games, <<<link removed>>>, stick games; adventure games, etc. are some of the kinds of games you can discover online. You can easily find the games that you knew plus you're able to start playing various new ones that are made within the same model.
There were plenty of arcade games that we played into video arcades, restaurants, malls, etc. Today`s kids don’t play those kinds of games. They want to play Extra advanced pc or other games that are equipped with much more powerful graphics. But, if you played those games at the time you were a kid and if you desire to kill time with games which are popular to you and at same time you want to show your kid that you can beat him in gaming than you can actually challenge him playing those same games you were good at some point when you were a kid.
The ideal thing about these games is not that they are free but to play them again with some of the childhood friends you played at 1 point at the time you were kid. Share a link with some of them you are still in touch and once again you can easily compete with them. In that direction you can easily have fun with your old buddies and never to have to listen your wife screaming on your ears for playing online poker.
Irrespective if you are a fan of war games or truck games the common thing with regards to all of them is that they are flash based and they don’t need downloading. You just sign in if required and you can easily start taking part in. As far as the scores they are freely displayed. That way you'll understand which of your friends is best. If you are a fan of <<<link removed>>> than you can actually look into games such as Warfare 1944, <<<link removed>>>, War Machine, etc. Today war games are popular and there are that there are also plenty of such games and you will find new ones discussed almost every week.

If you click "Recent Changes" on the left on the Wiki, you can see a log of, well, recent changes. :) Not much happened October 24, but what did was entirely spam clean-up.

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 2:37 pm 
Turtle head

It looks like users with admin rights can still create accounts, so if any real humans are out there wanting SPAZ Wiki accounts, post here, including what user name you want, and I bet one of us can set it up for you with a temporary password. Then just PM the password here, and voila. :)

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 8:02 pm 
Clockwork Personnel

Aye, It was origionally integrated with the forums and you had to apply and be approved to the group to access the wiki.

I'd like to go back to that as it simplifies our admin/mod work.
For now, While I muck over options to resolve abuse. Anyone who wants to contribute can PM me to request an account. I WILL NOT notice topic posts in a timely manor. I receive an email notice upon PM.

I just can't leave our contributors spending so much time on spam when they could be adding content ;)

PostPosted: Tue 25 Oct, 2011 8:46 pm 
Hound

Added and changed stuff (Palandus is me; if not obvious)

PostPosted: Wed 26 Oct, 2011 10:28 pm 
Turtle head

I've been writing up a first draft for the SPAZ History page on and off for a while, finally got it semi-completed. Still room for expansion though, not to mention some info and dates I'm not sure of. (If the devs are reading: I know you're probably not interested in becoming editors yourselves, but if you could check the dates with ?s that would be cool. :))

Palandus wrote:
Added and changed stuff (Palandus is me; if not obvious)

Nice, the Wanted Pages list is getting shorter. :)

PostPosted: Thu 27 Oct, 2011 12:35 am 
Clockwork Personnel

We still need to pester the Dev's about what to put on their "Bio" pages as well.
Prob will be after the next content patch and the new bugs are reported. hehe.

They be teh busy atm xD

PostPosted: Thu 27 Oct, 2011 12:48 am 
Hound

Aye considering they are releasing two patches within the next 7-9 days.

Considering V1.011 is coming out mid-next week. And uh, theres supposed to be a v1.009 patch out before that...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 194 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next