MinMax Spaz

MinMax-Games.com

The water cooler of outer space

It is currently Fri 20 Oct, 2017 1:30 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Having alot of trouble.
PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 7:21 pm 
Shortbus

I don't usually have too much trouble, except when my mothership gets upgraded. I then have to try to take down a ship that's all around better than mine. It isn't too much trouble to do it once, but I can never seem to do it the 5-6 times it usually wants me to do it. I have trouble finding the ship I need to kill, and when I do find it, I can kill it maybe 50% of the time.

What can I do to make unlocking larger ships easier?

Post subject: Re: Having alot of trouble.
PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 8:35 pm 
Ranger

My answer to this is what I call Passive Farming. Go to any high level system in which both sides are neutral or better to you, and head to any non-mission planet. The UTA vs. CIV combat events also work for this. Take the weapons off your AI ships, except for mining lasers, so you don't risk accidentally ruining relations. Just to be on the safe side, set the ships to passive.
Follow the battles around, and collect all the loot, including the blueprints. It can get boring for some, but it's effective on any difficulty level.

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 8:42 pm 
Hatchet

wastedfate wrote:
I don't usually have too much trouble, except when my mothership gets upgraded. I then have to try to take down a ship that's all around better than mine. It isn't too much trouble to do it once, but I can never seem to do it the 5-6 times it usually wants me to do it. I have trouble finding the ship I need to kill, and when I do find it, I can kill it maybe 50% of the time.

What can I do to make unlocking larger ships easier?

Boarding actions (grunt shuttle + suicide cannon) actually works very well against large/huge ships if you find that you cant face them in a standup fight.

Take a Yacht/big bus with 100%, cloak it, fill it with reactor & crew boosters plus your boarding weapon of choice and go to town. It's particularly effective now that goons are so easy to acquire and boarding actions resolve twice as quickly. Guaranteed to take down any single ship (or T3 stations!) you care to hit for minimal losses.

Just leave at least one uncloaked dart to run around so that they don't go straight for your beacon, in case you need to bring in more goons to finish the job.

As for FINDING the ships, just go to higher tech systems and run missions you know will spawn larger ships (they can be pretty consistent in some cases), attack a stations, or go to conflict events. Ships are also affiliated with a particular faction--if you want a big brother for instance you should be attacking the UTA in a level 30+ system.

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 11:39 pm 
Dart

Or equip mines, level it up, and own everything in the game. Mines are supremely powerful and will decimate all ships, to include the tier 5 Huge ships.

I played on insane mode and could pretty easily tackle stars that were 20+ levels ahead of me, simply by using mines. Any other way and I would get smoked.

PostPosted: Fri 19 Aug, 2011 11:54 pm 
Hatchet

Xylan wrote:
Or equip mines, level it up, and own everything in the game. Mines are supremely powerful and will decimate all ships, to include the tier 5 Huge ships.

I played on insane mode and could pretty easily tackle stars that were 20+ levels ahead of me, simply by using mines. Any other way and I would get smoked.

Aye, just like missile spam I've sort of written off mines. Just turns the game into a grind since you can win most fights basically afk :-\

PostPosted: Thu 24 Nov, 2011 10:40 pm 
Ranger

Main problem i'm having is getting schematics for weapons and armor, since suddenly i'm facing ships with advanced armor and fusion beams tearing my ships apart without blinking!

If using the suicide cannon really helps in getting this gear it might indeed be time i used it, assumming my ships survive the initial attack...

I'm in lvl 57 systems whlie i am lvl 71 and i still can't storm a gate or take on a Hammerhead... really sad..

Some help with this would be nice. :)

I focused my research on cannons and beams with some points on drones as well but seems those weapons don't always cut it..